doulawise offers postpartum doula support that gently leads families through the weeks after birth. While I have expertise in newborn care, my primary role is maternal and family care. The postpartum doula’s job is one that varies day to day based on families’ changing needs. I act as a non-medical guide, a non-judgmental companion and a knowledgeable resource for families navigating life in the postpartum phase. As a postpartum doula, I support and care for parents as they become confident and capable in their new role.
- Assist with caring for newborns, including feeding, changing, bathing and soothing so that parents can have time to rest, adjust, and recover.
- Teach parents the basics of baby care including how to swaddle, bathe, diaper, soothe, massage, and feed a newborn.
- Support breastfeeding and help with all the normal challenges
- Teach proper bottle feeding techniques as needed
- Perform basic household chores that can include cooking, laundry, errands and light cleaning so new parents can focus on the baby and themselves
- Be a listening ear for the parents during this transitional time
- Provide resources as needed.
- Minimum 4 hour shifts
- Overnight Services
- Support new parents through the night by ensuring that they get as much sleep as possible.
- Keep baby close in order to respond to wake ups and wake the baby appropriately for feedings in the early days
- Change, swaddle and put baby back to sleep after feeds and wake ups
- Support nighttime breastfeeding
- Do household chores if noise does not disturb parents’ sleep
- Sleep near baby when baby sleeps once chores are completed
- Teach partner how to do this support when help is not there
- Minimum 8 hour shifts