Doulawise offers Birth & Postpartum Doula services to parents in the Denver, Colorado Metro area. I am available to support parents throughout the process of planning and preparing for labor, and through the early weeks of caring for baby and themselves.
Birth Doula Services include:
– 2 visits before labor to develop a birth plan, discuss and practice options for coping with labor and birth, discuss newborn care, feeding and soothing techniques.
– continuous support throughout labor for as long as necessary until a few hours after baby is born, including massage, comfort measures, advice and help communicating with medical staff and family.
- optional photo services.
- help establishing breastfeeding and bonding with baby immediately after birth.
- 1 visit after baby is born to discuss breastfeeding and baby care, and to help the parents process the birth experience.
Postpartum Doula Services include:
– teaching parents the basics of baby care, such as how to swaddle, bathe, diaper, comfort, massage, and feed a newborn.
– support with breastfeeding.
– basic household chores that can include cooking, laundry, errands and light cleaning so new parents can focus on what the baby and themselves.