CAPPA Postpartum Doula Training by Carolyn Butler
Do you want to make a big impact in a families life? The Postpartum period and the transition to parenthood is one of the most important and vulnerable times for a family. Becoming a Professional Postpartum Doula allows you to make a good living providing valuable information and support to new and growing families.
Postpartum doulas offer NON-MEDICAL support, share evidence based information, and provide relevant education to postpartum families.
Carolyn Butler- Your CAPPA Faculty Trainer
Benefits of the Training include:
- Ability to Immediately start working as a Professional Postpartum Doula.
- Access to your trainers and other participants.
- Ongoing sharing of relevant information and new research.
- Part of larger professional community
- Access to professional development opportunities
This CAPPA approved Postpartum Doula Training is your first step towards certification. The training is designed to give you key skills to nurture, educate, and empower parents and families towards confidence in their new roles.
Just some of the things you will learn include:
- Scope of Practice for Postpartum Doula
- Supporting parents in the immediate postpartum period
- Breastfeeding support
- Baby care techniques
- Calming and soothing techniques
- Postpartum Mood Disorders
- SIDS/Back to Sleep Campaign
- Listening and communication skills
- Record keeping and contracts
- Creating and marketing your business
- Networking solutions
There are several other requirements that will be discussed in class (you can also go to www.cappa.net for a full list of certification requirements).